Caofeidian FSRU LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Caofeidian FSRU LNG Terminal (曹妃甸海上浮式LNG接收站) is a proposed LNG terminal in Caofeidian, Tangshan, Hebei, China.
- Owner: China Overseas Smart City Technology Group Co., Ltd.(中海外智慧城市科技集团公司，现名：广赢乾科技集团有限公司）, Caofeidian Financial Holding Group Co., Ltd. (曹妃甸金融控股集团有限公司 )
- Location: Caofeidian, Tangshan, Hebei, China
- Coordinates: 38.938745 118.541145 (approximate)
- Capacity: 3 mtpa, 0.43 bcfd
- Status: Cancelled
- Type: Import
- Start Year:
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
China Overseas Smart City Technology Group and Caofeidian Financial Holding Group planned in August 2017 to jointly invest in an LNG terminal in Caofeidian, Hebei. The Royal Dutch Vopak Group was expected to participate.
The proposal was constructed in two phases. The first phase was an FSRU with a designed capacity of 3 million tonnes per year. The second phase would be 10 mtpa.
However, no further news since then. The project appears being cancelled.
Articles and resources
- "曹妃甸将建设东北亚天然气交易中心--人民网". finance.people.com.cn. 2017-08-17. Retrieved 2021-04-13.