Celsa Steel UK plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Celsa UK Steel plant is an electric steel plant in Cardiff, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Cardiff, United Kingdom.
The melt shop of Celsa Steel UK began in 2006. Other parts of the facility including the hot rolling mill started earlier.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Celsa Group
- Owner: Celsa Steel UK
- Location: Building 58, Castle Works, East Moors Road, Cardiff, CF24 5NN, United Kingdom]
- GPS Coordinates: 51.472502, -3.157583 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2006 (age 14–15) (steel melt shop start date)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1200 (EAF)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: rebar, wire rod, merchant bar, light sections
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: electric arc furnace (EAF) (# unknown)
Articles and resources