Chaerqi coal mine (phase I)
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Chaerqi coal mine (phase I) (拜城县峰峰煤焦化有限公司察尔齐煤矿一期), also known as "Baicheng Mine No. 8 Mine", the construction site is located in Xinjiang Baicheng Mine, and the designed production capacity is 0.9 million tonnes per year.
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Tieleke Town, Baicheng County, Aksu Prefecture, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China.
Coal Mine Background
On March 5, 2019, the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region Development and Reform Commission approved the 900,000-ton/year project of the Phase I project of Baicheng Mine No. 8 Mine (Chaerqi Coal Mine). The mine's reconstruction and expansion started in June 2012, but due to various factors, the mine construction project was intermittently constructed. Construction work was suspended at the end of May 2014.
- Sponsor: Baicheng County Fengfeng Coal Coking Co., Ltd.
- Parent Company: Jizhong Energy Group Co., Ltd. (48.28%), China Huarong Asset Management Co., Ltd. (2.27%), Xinxing Cathay International Group Co., Ltd. (19.58%), others (29.87%)
- Location: Tieleke Town, Baicheng County, Aksu Prefecture, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China.
- GPS Coordinates: 42.00464,81.537855
- Status: Proposed 
- Production Capacity: 0.9 Mt/year
- Workforce Size: 843
- Coal Field:
- Total Resource: 55.4764Mt
- Mineable Reserves: 31.132Mt
- Coal Type: Bituminous coal (coking coal, lean coal)
- Mine Size: 19.32k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: