Chendipada & Chendipada II coal blocks
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
Chendipada & Chendipada II coal blocks are explored reserves, with a capacity to produce 40 million tonnes-per-annum, in Talcher Coalfield, Bagadia, Chhendipada, Angul, Orissa, India. The block currently has no development projects in place.
The map below shows the exact location of the Chendipada I coal block, in Wardha Valley, Belora, Chandrapur, Maharashtra, India.
Background on Mine
The Indian government auctioned the Chendipada & Chendipada II coal block in November 2020 but there were no qualified bidders. The future of development in the explored coal block remains uncertain.
- Owner: TBD
- Location: Talcher Coalfield, Bagadia, Chhendipada, Angul, Orissa, India
- Coordinates: 21.083292, 84.900008
- Status: Explored
- Capacity: 40 million tonnes per annum
- Mineable Reserves: 1909 million tonnes (559 Mt in Chendipada I; 1350 Mt in Chendipada II)
- Mine Depth:
- Mine Size: 9.36 km2
- In service: TBD
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mining method: Surface, Opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- MSTC E-Commerce, Chendipada & Chendipada II Block Summary, accessed November 2020