Krishnapatnam Navayuga thermal station
Krishnapatnam Navayuga thermal station was a proposed 1,980-megawatt (MW) coal plant in Andhra Pradesh, India.
The project is presumed cancelled.
The map below shows the location of the plant as reported in the environmental clearance.
As described in the environmental clearance, this project would use coal imported from Indonesia through Krishnapatnam port and then transported to the site by closed conveyer. Seawater would be used for cooling. The project would use 1139 acres and would displace 14 households. According to Green Clearance Watch, a public hearing was held for the project on 4-12-2008.
As of August 2014, Navayuga Power describes the project as being implemented in two phases. Phase I comprises two units of 660 MW each and is scheduled for commissioning in 2018. Phase II would be one additional 660 MW unit.
In October 2014 it was reported that Navayuga Power was in talks with several global power producers and equipment makers to sell a significant stake in its power assets, including the 1,980 MW project at Krishnapatnam. Potential buyers include Toshiba, Sumitomo, Mitsubishi and GDF Suez. Navayuga Power is a unit of CVR Group, which operates the largest private port on India's east coast.
There has been no developments on the project since October 2014, and it appears to deferred or abandoned.
Sponsor: Navayuga Power
Parent: CVR Group
Location: Tamminapatnam and Momidi villages, Chillakur mandel, Nellore district, Andhra Pradesh
Coordinates: 14.194444, 80.091667 (exact)
Nameplate capacity: Phase I: 1320 MW (2 x 660 MW); Phase II 660 MW
Projected in service: Phase I: 2018
Coal Source: Indonesia
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing:
Permits and applications: Environmental Clearance J-13011/1/2009-IA.II(T), Ministry of Environment and Forests, 17 July 2009
Articles and resources
- Environmental Clearance J-13011/1/2009-IA.II(T), Ministry of Environment and Forests, 17 July 2009
- "Krishnapatnam Power Corporation Ltd., Nellore, Andhra Pradesh," Green Clearance Watch, accessed August 2014
- "Navayuga in talks to sell stake in power assets," The Masterbuilder, Oct 25, 2014
- "Summary," InfralineEnergy, 02 Dec 2013
Related GEM.wiki articles
- "Report on the 1st Joint Co-ordination Committee Meeting of IPPs granted LTOA in SR," Power Grid Corporation of India Limited, September 28, 2009