China Resources Xijiang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xijiang power station (华润电力西江发电厂) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guangdong Province, China.
- 1 Location
- 2 Background on Project
- 3 Project Details
- 4 Articles and resources
The photo below shows the planned location for the plant in Yuncheng District, Yunfu Prefecture.
Background on Project
China Resources is currently planning to build a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 660 MW in Guangdong Province. The plant is scheduled to be completed in 2016. The environmental impact assessment was accepted in 2014. The project received permit for construction from Guangdong Provincial DRC in May 2015.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Project suspended by central government
In January 2017 China's National Energy Board directed the Guangdong Province to suspend or postpone nine coal projects in the province, including China Resources Xijiang, due to excess coal capacity.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
However, the local government is still attempting to revive the project.
The project was revived in March 2020.
- Sponsor: Chian Resources Power Holdings
- Parent Company: China Resources
- Location: Niuyuan Village, Duyang Town, Yuncheng District, Yunfu Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China
- Coordinates: 23.048543,112.176224 (exact)
- Status: Permitted
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "关于广东华润西江发电厂“上大压小”新建工程环境影响报告书的批复", 中华人民共和国环境保护局, 环审121号, 2014-05-19
- "华南分公司西江项目获广东省发改委核准," CR Power, 2015-05-22
- "9个项目遭遇“禁令” 广东煤电投资刹车," 财新网北极星电力网, 2017-01-13
- "【新区利好】云浮与华润电力共谋加快推进西江电厂项目建设"Yunfu Daily, 2017-05-15
- "12个新建大型火电项目正获重点推进！超千个电力新基建与传统基建项目详单第二波【附项目列表】(2)," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2020/3/10