China Steel Dragon Steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
China Steel Dragon Steel plant (中龍鋼鐵股份有限公司 (Chinese)) (also known as DSC, Zhonglong Iron & Steel Co., Ltd., and Kuei-Yi Industrial Co., and Ltd. (predecessor)) is a 6080.0-thousand tonnes per annum (ttpa) nan steel plant in Taichung, in Taiwan. China Steel Dragon Steel plant operates a blast furnace (BF), basic oxygen furnace (BOF), and electric arc furnace (EAF).
The map below shows the exact location of the steel plant in Longjing, in Taiwan.
- Alternative plant names: DSC, Zhonglong Iron & Steel Co., Ltd., Kuei-Yi Industrial Co., Ltd. (predecessor)
- Other language plant name: 中龍鋼鐵股份有限公司 (Chinese)
- Location: No.100, Longchang Rd., Longjing Dist., Taichung City 434, Taiwan
- GPS Coordinates: 24.226897, 120.493911 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1993
- State-owned entity status: N/A
- Parent company: Dragon Steel Corporation (DSC) [100%]
- Parent company PermID: GEM0000464 [100%]
- Owner: Dragon Steel Corporation (DSC)
- Owner PermID: GEM0000464
- Crude steel production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 6080.0
- Crude iron production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 5000
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: structural steel, high-strength low alloy steel, hot-rolled coils, narrow steel plates, H beams, billet
- Workforce size: 3224
- ISO50001 certification year: 2021
- Main production equipment: BF, BOF, EAF
- Detailed production equipment: 2 coking plants; 2 sinter plants; 2 BF (began in 2013 and 2010); 3 BOF; 1 EAF (150-tonne, twin-shell DC EAF)
Articles and Resources
- "Dragon Steel Corporation". Dragon Steel. Archived from the original on January 12, 2022. Retrieved January 19, 2022.
- "Finance". Dragon Steel. Retrieved 2022-04-14.
- "中龍鋼鐵股份有限公司". Dragon Steel. Archived from the original on January 26, 2022. Retrieved January 26, 2022.
- "ISO50001 Certificate" (PDF). Dragon Steel. Retrieved 2022-04-14.
- "History". Dragon Steel. Retrieved 2022-04-14.