Datang Keshiketeng power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Keshiketeng power station (大唐克什克腾旗发电厂) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of Keshiketeng (Heshigten) Banner, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Chifeng Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
Background on Project
Datang did set up a coal gasification plant in Keshiketeng Prefecture in 2010, and attempted to sell the plant to a subsidiary in 2014. However, there have been no reports of further activity to develop a 2,000 MW coal plant, and they appear to be shelved or abandoned.
- Sponsor: China Datang
- Location: Keshiketeng (Heshigten) Banner, Chifeng Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 43.265, 117.547 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "内蒙古大唐国基克什克腾旗发电厂工程环境影响报告书》评估会在克旗召开 ," CF Radio, 2007-06-12
- "Power Company Can't Unload Its New Coal-To-Gas Facility Fast Enough," Caixin Online, 08.05.2014