Liancheng-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Liancheng-2 power station (大唐国际连城发电公司) is a retired 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Gansu Province, China.
The map below shows the plant, in Liancheng, Yongdeng County, Lanzhou Prefecture, Gansu Province. The demolished Liancheng-1 power station was located immediately to the north of the site where Liancheng-2 is located.
Background on Plant
In June 2019 it was reported the plant had been shut down since April 2018, due to the bankruptcy of Datang Gansu Power Generation. The company has applied for bankruptcy and liquidation after it defaulted on 16.44 million yuan (US$2.39 million) of debt.
- Sponsor: Datang Gansu Power Generation Co Ltd
- Parent company: China Datang
- Location: Liancheng, Yongdeng County, Lanzhou Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 36.5193555, 102.8674104 (exact)
- Status: Retired (2018)
- Gross capacity: 600 MW (Units 1 & 2: 300 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 2004-05
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: