Datang Pingluo power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Pingluo power station (大唐平罗电发电公司) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the plant in Hongyazi Town, Pingluo.
Background on Project
China Datang has proposed a 2 x 660 MW coal plant in Hongyazi Town. It was permitted in December 2015 and began construction in 2016. It is planned operation for 2017.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces, including Datang Pingluo. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
2017: Plant postponed by government
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2018: Construction ongoing
In July 2018 it was reported that construction was ongoing. Additionally, an accident at the plant site led to the death of one worker. The power plant has been designated as a back-up power source that will be for emergency-use only for a period of at least one year.
2020: Plant commissioned
- Sponsor: China Datang
- Location: Hongyazi Town, Pingluo, Shizuishan Prefecture, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 39.014518, 106.936207 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 and 2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Start year: 2020
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "大唐国际发电股份有限公司," China Datang summary of Annual Report 2015
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "宁夏平罗2X660MW火电项目“7.11”吊装过程中施工人员高空坠落死亡事故快报," 电力安全生产, 2018/7/24
- "宁夏：拟将大唐平罗电厂1号机组（66万千瓦）作为2019年煤电应急调峰储备电源," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2018/11/2
- "2×66MW！宁夏平罗电厂1号机组正式投产 - 北极星火力发电网". news.bjx.com.cn. 2020-12-16. Retrieved 2020-12-18.
- "宁夏平罗2x660兆瓦新建火电工程2号机组顺利通过168小时试运 - 北极星火力发电网". news.bjx.com.cn. 2021-01-05. Retrieved 2021-01-05.