Datang Tangshan Beijiao power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Tangshan Beijiao power station (大唐国际唐山北郊热电厂) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hebei Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Kaiping District.
Background on Plant
Datang Tangshan Beijiao cogen power station is a proposed four-unit district heating cogeneration plant with a total capacity of 1,400 MW (4 x 350 MW) in Hebei Province. The first two units are proposed for completion in 2015, but the two units did not receive clearance toward construction until June 2015. They are planned for operation in 2017.
July 2017: Plant postponed by government
In July 2017 China's NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
Datang Tangshan Beijiao power station Units 1-2 are among the postponed coal-burning units.
September 2017: Unit 1 Suspension lifted
After political negotiations, China's National Energy Administration (NEA) released an updated list of postponed and halted coal projects on September 26, 2017. The new list contained 151 units totaling 95 gigawatts (GW). Datang Tangshan Beijiao unit 1 was no longer on the list, but unit 2 was, suggesting unit 1 is not suspended.
Construction resumes on units 1-2
Planet satellite photos from September 2017 to January 2019 show construction ongoing at units 1 and 2 of the power station.
Units 3-4 at the power station have had no developments since they were proposed in 2012, and appear to be abandoned.
- Sponsor: Datang International Power Generation Company
- Parent company: China Datang
- Location: Xiaodaizhuang Village, Kaiping District, Tangshan Prefecture, Hebei Province
- Coordinates: 39.709727, 118.217675 (exact)
- Unit 1: Operating (350 MW)
- Unit 2: Operating (350 MW)
- Units 3-4: Cancelled (2 x 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical with district heating cogeneration
- Start year: 2019 (Unit 1), 2020 (Unit 2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "大唐国际成功收购唐山新区热电厂," Bohai News, 2012-02-22
- "唐山北郊将新建热电厂," Huanbohai News, 2013-01-26
- "大唐国际唐山北郊热电联产项目喜获核准," Datang International Power Generation Company, 2015-06-15
- "河北大唐国际唐山北郊2ⅹ350MW热电工程正式开工"Sohu-中国火力发电网, 2015-10-10
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "唐山北郊热电公司1号机组168小时试运圆满成功," Datang International Power Generation Company, 2019-12-27
- [ "大唐唐山北郊热电公司两台机组建成投产,"] 环渤海新闻网, 2020/5/18