Datang Xigu power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Xigu power station (大唐西固热电公司), also known as Lanzhou Xigu power station (兰州西固热电公司), is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired CHP power plant in Gansu Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Xigu District, Lanzhou Prefecture.
Background on Plant
The power plant started operating in 1957, with units 1-8 commissioned between 1957 and 1967. Units 1-4 totaling 100 MW were retired in 2007. Units 5-8 totaling 200MW were retired in 2008 to 2009.
In 2006, Datang Xigu Power Station merged with Gansu Lanxi Power Station. Two units of Gansu Lanxi Power Station, totaling 330 MW and completed between 1998 and 1999, were added to Datang Xigu Power Station, as units 9&10. The plant is owned by China Datang.
Units 11 & 12 have a total capacity of 660 MW, and were completed in 2007. They received a permit from NDRC for construction after they were commissioned, in 2008. It is a CHP power plant, supplying heat to Xigu District, Lanzhou Prefecture, in addition to electricity generation.
In 2013 the plant was fined by the local environmental authority for violating emissions regulations.
In 2018 units 9-10 (165 MW each) were retired, leaving only units 11 and 12 (330 MW each).
In May 2020, State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission (SASAC) began a pilot project which is allowing each of the five Central SOEs, central government-owned power giants presenting only in one province or autonomous region in 5 northwest provinces and autonomous regions. It is an effort by SASAC to improve the financial performance of the coal power companies in these 5 provinces and Autonomous regions. According to SASAC's arrangement, China Huaneng presents in Gansu. China Huadian leads Xinjiang. China Datang is in Shaanxi except those power companies belonging to China Energy Group. SPIC is in Qinghai. China Energy Group leads Ningxia.  By the end of 2020, 10 coal power stations in Gansu have completed the transition. 
Datang Xigu Power Station transferred its ownership to China Huaneng in Februry 2021.
- Sponsor: Huaneng Lanzhou Xigu Cogen Power Co., Ltd 华能兰州西固热电有限公司
- Owner: Huaneng Gansu Engery Development Co., Ltd 65.3530%; Gansu Electric Power Investment & Development Company 20.0000%. Gansu Innovation Trade Group Co., Ltd. 甘肃创新商贸集团有限公司 5.1175%; Gansu Hongda Investment Development Group Co., Ltd. 甘肃宏大投资开发集团有限公司 4.9804%; Gansu Electric Power Mingzhu Group Co., Ltd. 甘肃电力明珠集团有限公司 4.5491%.
- Parent company: China Huaneng
- Location: Xigu District, Lanzhou Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 36.129774, 103.622874 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 660 MW (Units 11 & 12: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2007 (Units 11 & 12)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- 西固热电老机组光荣“退役," 兰州晨报, 2009-12-31
- Lanzhou Xigu, CARMA, accessed Sept. 2015.
- "甘肃省大唐西固热电公司“上大压小”热电联产工程通过核准," NEA, 2008-01-08
- "兰州西固热电有限责任公司," China Datang, accessed Sep 2015
- "兰州大唐西固热电公司使用劣质煤炭被环保部门处罚"中国甘肃网, 2013-12-23
- "连城电厂会是倒闭潮中的第一张多米诺骨牌吗？——甘肃电力市场调查系列报道," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2019/7/16
- "西北五省"一省一企"煤电重组 是"电改"倒退吗？丨煤电生存发展系列报道_整合". www.sohu.com. 2020-08-07. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "央企整合再出大动作，西北五省区各自将只有一家煤电央企-国际能源网能源资讯中心". www.in-en.com. 2020-05-26. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "新划入员工5050名！10家煤电企业划转 9家已正式冠名华能【附新成员名单】--来源：《中国华能》 作者：马良骥". 2021-05-01. Retrieved 2021-05-04.
- "冠名华能！大唐、国家能源、国家电投13家电厂划入华能集团_甘肃". www.sohu.com. 2021-01-18. Retrieved 2021-05-04.
- "华能兰州西固热电有限公司 - 企查查". www.qcc.com. Retrieved 2021-05-05.