Guizhou Xingren power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guizhou Xingren power station (大唐贵州兴仁煤电一体化发电厂) is a proposed 2,640-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guizhou Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Jiaochangba Villege, Baling Town, Xingren County.
Background on Plant
China Datang proposed a 4 x 660 MW power station in Baling Industrial Park. The first two units were permitted in November 2015 by the Guizhou Provincial DRC.
Construction on units 1-2 was planned for 2015 and operation in 2017.
In March 2017, it was reported that construction on units 1-2 would start in July 2017, and operation would begin in 2018 and 2019.
2017: Plant postponed by government
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) were ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and were not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
Guizhou Xingren power station Units 1-2 were among the postponed coal-burning units, and also appeared on an updated list of postponements released in September 2017.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2018: Construction stalled
In July 2018 it was reported that construction of units 1-2 was planned to begin soon.
As of June 2021, there were no signs of construction on the plant. However, units 1-2 of the proposal were listed in Guizhou Province's 14th Five Year Plan (2021-2025) suggesting the province intended to move forward with them.
- Sponsor: Datang Guizhou Power Gen Corp
- Parent company: China Datang
- Location: Jiaochangba village, Baling town, Guizhou Province, China
- Coordinates: 25.494734, 105.352051 (exact)
- Status: Permitted (Units 1-2), Cancelled (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 2,640 MW (Units 1-4: 660 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- ↑ "大唐贵州兴仁电厂得到省发改委核准," Guizhou, 2015-12-08
- ↑ "大唐贵州发电有限公司所属企业招聘启事," China Datang Power website, 2014-09-30
- ↑ "我县召开大唐贵州兴仁电厂项目建设座谈会," 段明芬, 2014-07-21
- ↑ "大唐贵州兴仁电厂五通一平建设顺利推进"兴仁县人民政府, 2017-03-17
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- ↑ "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- ↑ "兴仁大唐电厂完成“五通一平”建设," 兴仁政务, 2018-07-04
Related GEM.wiki articles
[[[Category: Proposed coal plants in Guizhou]]