Tongmei Datang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Tongmei Datang power station (同煤漳电同达热电公司) is an 860-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The photo below shows the plant southeast of of the city of Datong, Shanxi Province.
Background on Plant
The initial power station consisted of four units of 50 MW each.
Description of Expansion
An additional unit of 660 MW, unit 7, has been proposed.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces, including unit 7 of Tongmei Datang. In response, the project was then cancelled by the sponsor.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Shanxi Yongji Thermal Power Co
- Parent company: Zhangze Power, Datong Mine Group
- Location: Tashan Industrial Park, Datong city, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.9796028, 113.1859052 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-6), Cancelled (Unit 7)
- Gross capacity: 1,520 MW (Units 1-4: 50 MW, Units 5-6: 330 MW, Unit 7: 660 MW)
- Type: Subcritical (Units 1-6), Ultra-supercritical (Unit 7)
- Start date: 2014 (Units 5-6)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "同煤大唐热电有限公司," Zhangze Power website, 2014-2-13
- "同煤大唐热电二期2号机组并网发电," 中国能源建设集团公司, 2014/1/7
- "同煤热电公司二期1#机组通过168小时试运行," 本站编辑, 2014-03-03
- "《大同煤矿集团山西漳电大唐热电有限公司 三期 1×660MW 超超临界低热值煤热电联产扩建工程》环境影响评价一次公示," Zhangze Power, 2015年5月23日
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017