Dhuptala coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Dhuptala Opencast Mine Project is an expansion of mines located in Sasti, a village in Rajura Taluka, Chandrapur, Maharashtra, India.
The map below shows the exact location of the project of the mine in Sasti in Chandrapur district of Maharashtra, India.
The proposal converts a Sasti underground mine to opencast and expands an existing opencast mine. The project has an annual capacity of 1.7 million tonnes and is administered by Ballarpur Area of Western Coalfields Limited.
The main consumer is Mahagenco, (Maharashtra State Power Generation Company Limited - MSPGCL), the second largest power producing company in India.
- Sponsor: Western Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India Limited
- Location: Sasti, Chandrapur, Maharashtra, India
- GPS coordinates: 19.821446, 79.337427 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.75 million tonnes
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 54.60 million tonnes
- Coal Type:
- Mine Size: 1300.91 ha
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:
Articles and Resources
- Paryavaran Bhawan, , “Dhuptala Opencast Mining Project”, Government of India, Ministry of Environment & Forests, January 2013, pages 1-6, accessed February 2020