Donggi Senoro LNG Terminal

From Global Energy Monitor
This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
Sub-articles:

Donggi Senoro LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal in Central Sulawesi, Indonesia.

Location

The terminal is 25 km south-east of Luwuk, Banggai Regency, Sulawesi Tengah, Indonesia.[1]

Loading map...

Project Details

  • Owner: Donggi-Senoro LNG
  • Parent: Mitsubishi (45%), Kogas (15%), Pertamina (29%), MedcoEnergy (11%)
  • Location: Luwuk, Banggai Regency, Central Sulawesi, Indonesia
  • Coordinates: -1.254369, 122.58559 (exact)
  • Capacity: 2 mtpa, 0.29 bcfd
  • Additional Proposed Capacity:
  • Status: Operating
  • Type: Export
  • Trains: 1
  • Start Year: 2015

Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day

Background

Donggi Senoro LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal in Central Sulawesi, Indonesia. It began operations in June 2015 and supplied its first LNG cargo to Arun LNG receiving terminal in August 2015. The total investment on the project is estimated at US$2.9 billion. Natural gas for the plant is supplied by the Senoro-Toili field (250 billion cubic feet of gas a day) and Matindok field (85 billion cubic feet of gas a day) in Central Sulawesi. Most of the gas s exported to Japan and South Korea.[2]

Ownership

The LNG project involves companies from three countries, namely Japan, Korea and Indonesia. Donggi-Senoro LNG was established as a joint venture between Mitsubishi Corporation, Pertamina and Medco in December 2007. The final investment decision on the project was taken by the partners in January 2011. Following the decision, Mitsubishi established a special-purpose vehicle called Sulawesi LNG Development, in which it holds 75% interest. Korea Gas Corporation, which became a partner in the project in 2011, holds the remaining 25% interest. Mitsubishi and Korea Gas Corporation, through Sulawesi LNG Development, hold 59.9% interest in Donggi-Senoro LNG. Pertamina holds 29% and Medco holds 11% in the project.[2]

Articles and resources

References

  1. Donggi Senoro LNG Terminal, GEO, accessed April 2017
  2. 2.0 2.1 "Donggi-Senoro LNG Project, Indonesia," Hydrocarbons-Technology, accessed Aug 2017

Related SourceWatch articles

External resources

External articles