Dongtang Sanlian power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Dongtang Sanlian power station (东糖集团三联热电公司) is a 285-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guangdong Province, China.
Datang Huayin Dongguan Sanlian power station describes a separate 2 x 350 MW proposal.
The map below shows the location of the plant, at Zhongtang Town, Dongguan Prefecture, Guangdong Province.
Background on Plant
Dongtang Sanlian power station includes two coal-fired power units with capacity above 30 MW, for a total capacity of 285 MW. The plant was completed in 2003 and 2005, and is owned by Dongguan Donta Group.
Sanlian Power Station was founded in 1989. In 2003, Dongguan Donta Group, a local sugar refinery enterprise, bought the majority shares of the plant, and turned it into its captive power plant, supplying heat and steam to the sugar refinery process, besides electricity generation. The total capacity of the plant reached 285MW in 2005 after the commission of a 150MW-unit, and later increased to 433MW. In 2010, Donta group formed a new company, Donta Sanlian Cogen Power Company, with its 2 units, 285MW total capacity. Donta Group is till the dominant shareholder of the plant.
The power plant was fined in 2011 by MEPC (Ministry of Environmental Protection of China) for its emission-surveillance data fraud. 
- Sponsor: Dongguan Sanlian Cogen Power Company
- Parent company: Dongguan Donta Group
- Location: Zhongtang Town, Dongguan Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China
- Coordinates: 23.1398478, 113.7288363 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 285 MW (Unit 1: 150 MW, Unit 2: 135 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2003, 2005
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "广东省2021年小火电关停公示," 省能源局电力处, 2022-01-20
- "行政处罚决定书（粤市监价竞处〔2021〕45号）," 广东省市场监督管理局, 2021-12-24
- "广东省大气污染防治行动方案(2014-2017年）重点项目清单," 表1 2014～2015年落后产能淘汰项目表
- Dongtang Plant Powerplant, Enipedia, accessed Sept. 2015.
- "东莞市三联热电有限公司"Donta Group
- "关于东莞市东糖集团有限公司部分资产转移给东莞市三联热电有限公司的批复"Environmental Protection of Dongguan, 2010-4-27
- "排放数据有猫腻 多家电力央企旗下企业遭罚"Pearl River Investment, 2011-12-8