Dung Quat EVN power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Dung Quat EVN power station is a proposed 2,250-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Dung Quat Economic Zone, Binh Thanh Commune, Binh Son District, Quang Ngai Province, Vietnam. It is also called the Dung Quat Power Center.
The map below shows the exact location of the proposed power station in Dung Quat Economic Zone - Binh Son District, Quang Ngai Province, Vietnam.
Planning for the Dung Quat Power Center consists of three 750-megawatt combined cycle gas power plants. The Dung Quat I combined cycle gas turbine (commercial operations begin December 2023) and the Dung Quat III (commercial operations begin between December 2024-26) will be owned by Electricity of Vietnam (EVN). The Dung Quat II combined cycle gas turbine (commercial operations begin December 2024) will be owned by Sembcorp
In March 2017, Sembcorp Group signed with the Ministry of Industry and Trade to develop Dung Quat II.
In April 2018, Quang Ngai Province and Sembcorp Group signed a memorandum of understanding to develop Dung Quat II.
In July 2018, the Ministry of Industry and Trade approved the land for the project in Dung Quat Economic Zone.
In Octboer 2109, Vietnam's Prime Minister approved investing for Dung Quat I and III.
The Dung Quat Power Center also has room reserved for a fourth 750-MW power plant, as yet unplanned.
- Sponsor: Vietnam Electricity (EVN) (units 1 and 3) and Sembcorp Group (unit 2)
- Parent company: Vietnam Electricity (EVN)
- Location: Dung Quat Economic Zone, Binh Thanh Commune, Binh Son District, Quang Ngai Province, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 15.378141, 108.753724 (exact)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 2,250 MW
- Combined-cycle unit 1: 750 MW per unit (start date 2023)
- Combined-cycle unit 2: 750 MW per unit (start date 2024-2026)
- Combined-cycle unit 3: 750 MW per unit (start date 2024)
Articles and Resources
- Announcement of Dung Quat Power Complex site planning adjustment, Vietnam Electricity, 28 Feb 2019
- Announcing the adjustment of planning of Dung Quat Power Center, Vietnam Energy (EVN) website, 3 Mar 2019
- Nghi Do, PM approves Dung Quat I and III combined cycle gas turbine power projects, Vietnam Economic Times, 30 Oct 2019
- Sembcorp implemented the next steps of Dung Quat Gas Power Project No. 2, Quang Ngai city website, 22 Feb 2019
- Sembcorp Makes Strides to Develop 750-Megawatt Gas-Fired Power Project in Vietnam, Sembcorp website, 26 Apr 2018
- PPC’s directions on the development of the Dung Quat gas-fired power plant invested by Sembcorp Group, Quang Ngai city website, 25 Dec 2017