Dung Quat Sembcorp power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Dung Quat EZ - Binh Son District, Quang Ngai Province, Vietnam.
The Dung Quat Economic Zone Authority cleared the site for the power complex by July 2017.
In March 2017, Sembcorp and Vietnam’s Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) signed a memorandum of understanding to develop a 750-MW gas-fired power plant under a 20-year build-operate-transfer arrangement. Under that agreement, Sembcorp had completed its feasibility study and had submitted the report to MoIT earlier this year for further review and evaluation.
In April 2018, Sembcorp Utilities signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the People’s Committee of Quang Ngai Province (Quang Ngai PC) that covers the allocation of land by Quang Ngai PC to Sembcorp for the development of a 750-megawatt gas-fired power project in the Dung Quat Economic Zone, located in central Vietnam’s Quang Ngai province.
- Sponsor: Sembcorp Utilities Vietnam and PetroVietnam Power Corp (one 750 WM plant each)
- Parent company: Sembcorp Industries Ltd. and PetroVietnam (one 750 WM plant each)
- Location: Dung Quat EZ - Binh Son District, Quang Ngai Province, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 15.3546, 108.8224 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 1,500 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 750 MW (to start 2023)
- Combined-cycle unit: 750 MW (to start 2024)
Articles and Resources
- Sembcorp Makes Strides to Develop 750-Megawatt Gas-Fired Power Project in Vietnam, Sembcorp website, 26 Apr 2018
- Quang Ngai Power Complex, Power Technology website, accessed Dec 6, 2020