East Java FSRU
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
East Java LNG Terminal is a proposed LNG terminal in East Java, Indonesia.
- Parent: PT Australasia LNG Indonesia
- Location: Probolinggo, East Java, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -7.75, 113.216667 (approximate)
- Capacity: 2.4 mtpa, 0.34 bcfd
- Status: Shelved
- Type: Import
- Start Year:
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
PT Australasia LNG Indonesia (AALNG) is sponsor of a 2.4-million-tonne a year LNG terminal in Probolinggo. The project includes the conversion of an LNG carrier into a floating storage regasification unit (FSRU), which will be permanently moored off the shore of East Java.
As of March 2019 there has been no further news about the project and it appears to be shelved.
Articles and resources
- "Probolinggo liquefied natural gas terminal conversion project, Indonesia," Engineering News, January 27, 2017