East West Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
East West Pipeline is a proposed natural gas pipeline in Texas and Louisiana.
The pipeline will run through Matagorda and Wharton counties, Texas to Acadia Parish, Louisiana, USA.
- Owner: Florida Gas Transmission LLC
- Parent Company: Citrus Corp. (50% Kinder Morgan, Inc. and 50% Energy Transfer)
- Proposed capacity: 275 MMcf/d
- Length: 40.6 kilometers / 25.2 miles
- Status: Proposed
- Start Year:
On August 16, 2018, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) approved construction of a part of the East West Pipeline along the Texas coast.
It will transport natural gas from two proposed receipt points and one existing receipt point in Louisiana to two proposed delivery points on Florida Gas’s existing pipeline system in the Gulf Coast region of Texas.
Articles and resources
- Planned Projects, Pipeline News, accessed October 2018
- Partial Construction On East-West Pipeline Expansion Granted, Texas Energy Report, August 16, 2018
- Kinder Morgan (2015). "Florida Gas Transmission". kindermorgan.com/. Retrieved 28 February 2020.
- Shelor, Jeremiah (15 August 2018). "FERC OKs Construction on Part of FGT Expansion in TX and LA". Natural Gas Intelligence. Retrieved 27 February 2020.