Elunchun Dayangshu Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Elunchun Dayangshu Cogen power station (深能鄂伦春大杨树热电厂) is a proposed 400-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Duolun County, Xilingol Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
Background on Plant
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
On March 17, 2016, China's National Energy Administration (NEA) released the Coal Bubble Alert System, dubbed the ‘traffic light’ system, to crack down on the growing coal power overcapacity crisis. Inner Mongolia was deemed a "red light" region, meaning no new coal projects should be permitted. Therefore any further developments at the power station appear to be on hold or cancelled.
With no developments since 2016, the project appears to be cancelled.
- Sponsor: Shenzhen Energy North Holdings Co., Ltd
- Parent company: Shenzhen Energy Group
- Location: Dayangshu Town, Oroqen, Hulunbuir Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 49.71635, 124.622496 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 400 MW (Units 1&2: 200 MW)
- Start date:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "内蒙古自治区环境保护厅关于鄂伦春大杨树2×200MW热电联产项目环境影响报告书环境影响评价文件受理情况的公示," 内蒙古自治区环境保护厅, 2016-08-17
- "内蒙古拟审批鄂伦春大杨树2×200MW热电联产项目环境影响评价," 中国电力化工网, 2016-12-09