Kangal Etyemez power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Kangal Etyemez power station is a proposed 135-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Sivas province, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of Etyemez village, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Kangal district, Sivas province. This plant would be built near the existing Kangal power station and adjacent coal mine.
Background on Plant
In July 2008, Tam Enerji Üretim A.Ş. (a subsidiary of Soyak Holding) was granted environmental permits by Turkey's Energy Market Regulatory Authority (EPDK) to build a coal mine and 100-MW mine-to-mouth coal-fired power plant in Sivas province. Final permits were granted in August 2010, but the permit for the power plant appeared to have been cancelled as of August 2017.
- Sponsor: Tam Enerji Üretim A.Ş.
- Parent company: Soyak Holding
- Location: Etyemez village, Kangal district, Sivas province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 39.07743, 37.29562 (approximate)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross capacity: 135 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source: Kangal Etyemez coal mine, Turkey
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Kangal Et Yemez Thermal Power Plant Project, Soyak Enerji website, accessed Apr. 2014.
- Detaylar: Tam Enerji Üretim A.Ş., EPDK website, accessed Apr. 2014.
- Etyemez Termik Santrali, Kara Atlas, accessed Apr. 2014.
- "Sivas Elektrik Santralleri," Enerji Atlasi, accessed November 2015
- "11 doğalgaz santralinin lisansına iptal", Enerji Günlüğü, 16 Aug 2017.