Fenja oil and gas field
The map below shows the location of the field, in the Norwegian Sea, 35 kilometers southwest of the Njord field, off the coast in Norway.
The Fenja field is comprised of two discoveries, S Fenja and Bue, both of which were discovered in 2014. According to the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy and the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate, the plan for development and operation (PDO) was approved in 2018. The PDO consists of "two subsea templates with a total of six wells tied-back to the Njord A facility." Fenja is estimated to cost approximately £935m ($1.2bn).
VNG Norge AS was the field operator until June 2018, when Neptune Energy bought VNG Norge and took hold of its assets. Integration of the VNG Norde and Neptune was completed in December 2018. Fenja is Neptune's first development project in Norway.
Fenja is expected to be connected to Njord A via a pipeline. From there, oil will be stored as Njord B prior to be transported via tanker. Gas will be transported via the Åsgard Transport System (ÅTS).
In April 2020, Neptune Energy, the field operator, announced Fenja's start of production would be delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Initially, production was expected in the first quarter of 2021, but Neptune delayed that estimate until the fourth quarter of 2021. According to NS Energy, the project is expected to come on stream in early 2022.
- Operator: Neptune Energy Norge AS
- Parent company: Vår Energi AS [45%]; Neptune Energy Norge AS [30%]; Suncor Energy Norge AS [17.5%]; DNO Norge AS [7.5%]
- Location: Norwegian Sea
- Coordinates: 64.030, 6.755 (exact)
- Status: in development
- Reserves: Total remaining reserves 15.4 mill. Sm3 o.e.
- Oil remaining reserves 10.9 mill. Sm3 o.e.
- Gas remaining reserves 3.4 mill. Sm3 o.e.
- NGL remaining reserves 1.1 mill. Sm3 o.e.
- "Fenja Oil Field Development, Norwegian Sea, NorwayKey Data". Retrieved 2021-02-03.
- Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (February 3, 2021). "FENJA". FACTPAGES - Norwegian Petroleum Directorate. Retrieved February 3, 2021.
- "Field: FENJA". Norwegianpetroleum.no. Retrieved 2021-02-03.
- "Plan for development of Fenja oil field approved". Industry Europe. 2018-04-12. Retrieved 2021-02-03.
- "Neptune takes over operatorship of Fenja field development". Offshore Energy. 2018-12-10. Retrieved 2021-02-03.
- www.ETEnergyworld.com. "Neptune Energy sees delay to start-up of Fenja oilfield - ET EnergyWorld". ETEnergyworld.com. Retrieved 2021-02-03.
- "Map Services - Field outlines". Norwegian Petroleum Directorate. Archived from the original on March 17, 2021. Retrieved March 8, 2021.
- "Factpages: Table – Licensees". Norwegian Petroleum Directorate. Archived from the original on March 17, 2021. Retrieved March 8, 2021.
- "Fenja". Neptune Energy. Retrieved 2021-02-06.