GEPIC Jinchang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Jinchang power station (金昌发电厂) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Gansu Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Jinchang-1 power station, at Hexipu Town, Yongchang County, Jinchang Prefecture, Gansu Province.
The map below shows the location of Jinchang-2 Power Station, at Jinchuan Economic Development Zone, Jinchuan District, Jinchang Prefecture, Gansu Province.
Background on Jinchang-1
The plant was founded in 1960. The first five units of the plant totaling 99 MW were commissioned in 1965-1970 and retired in 2007. Units 6 and 7, 100 MW of each unit, were retired in 2010. An additional two units of 330 MW each were completed in 2009. It is a CHP power plant supplying heat to the Yongchang County besides electricity generation. 
Expansion details of Jinchang-2
Gansu Electric Power Investment and China Datang (proportion of the investment is: GEPIC 75%; China Datang 25%) added two 330 MW units to the power station, at a different location, raising its capacity to 1,320 MW. The two units were permitted for construction by NDRC in November 2013, and went into operation in 2013 and 2014. It is a CHP power plant, supplying heat to 8 million square meters households of the Jinchang economic zone.
Right after the power plant' s operation, it was fined by provincial Environmental Protection authority for not building sufficient waste water treatment facilities as it promised in its EIA report. It also violated regulations by pouring the waste water to an untreated pond. 
- Sponsor: Jinchang-1: Gansu Power Investment Yongchang Power Generation Co., Ltd.甘肃电投永昌发电有限责任公司. Jinchang-2: Gansu Power Investment Jinchang Power Generation Co., Ltd.甘肃电投金昌发电有限责任公司
- Owner: Gansu Electric Power Investment & Development Company
- Parent company: Gansu Electric Power Investment & Development Company
- Location: Hexipu, Yongchang County, Jinchang Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 38.3784415, 102.0968423 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 8-11); Retired (Units 1-7)
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 8-11: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2009 (Units 8 & 9); 2013 (Unit 10); 2014 (Unit 11)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Coal-Fired Plants in China - Gansu & Ningxia," Power plants around the world, accessed November 2014
- “国家发改委核准甘肃金昌市工程项目,” 东南电力网, 2013-12-29
- "甘肃电投金昌发电有限责任公司简介"Gansu Electric Power Investment Jinchang Power Co. Ltd,
- "甘肃省环境保护厅行政处罚决定书[201312号"]GSEPA, 2013-12-30
- "甘肃电投永昌发电有限责任公司 - 企查查". www.qcc.com. Retrieved 2021-05-06.
- "甘肃电投金昌发电有限责任公司 - 企查查". www.qcc.com. Retrieved 2021-05-06.