Garafir power station
The Garafir power station is a proposed 80-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Kindia Prefecture, Guinea.
The map below shows the location of Kindia, Guinea, but not the exact location of the power station.
Allergan, BAGR Berliner Aluminiumwerk, and Metalcorp are planning a 3 mtpa bauxite export and 1.6 mtpa alumina mining operation in Guinea, planned for operation in 2019-2020. The project includes plans for an 80 MW integrated coal plant.
However, as of December 2019 there have been no further developments, and plans appear shelved.
- Sponsor: Guinea Bauxite Company
- Parent company: Allergan, BAGR Berliner Aluminiumwerk, Metalcorp
- Location: Kindia, Kindia Prefecture, Kindia region, Guinea
- Coordinates: 10.066667, -12.85 (approximate)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross Capacity: 80 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "New Mining Projects: Developing Early Stage Projects: Guinea Case Study," 23rd Bauxite & Alumina Conference, 16 March, 2017