Jinneng Guojin power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Jinneng Guojin power station (晋能国金电力公司) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Shanxi province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the plant in Lüliang city.
Background on Plant
In 2012, Shanxi Energy Group's Shanxi Golden Company and Shanxi Coal Industry Group formed a joint venture called Golden State Shanxi Electric Power. Among the company's projects is a 2 x 350 MW power station in the city of Lüliang in Wenshui county. The project began construction in 2013.
In 2013 it was reported the project was owned by Jinneng Group and Shanxi Coal.
Unit 1 completed trial operation in September 2015. but as of 2016 was still under construction.
Unit 2 completed trial operation in December 2016.
- Sponsor: Jinneng Group (51%), Jizhong Energy Group (27%), Shanxi Jincheng Coal Chemical Development Company (22%)
- Location: Lüliang city, Wenshui county, Shanxi province, China
- Coordinates: 37.35401, 112.002704 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 700 MW (Units 1-2: 350 MW)
- Projected in service: Unit 1: 2015, Unit 2: 2016
- Type: Supercritical
- Coal type: Bituminous waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: