Guodian Changyuan Jingzhou power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Changyuan Jingzhou Power Station (国电长源荆州热电公司) is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hubei Province, China. An additional 700 MW is proposed.
The plant used to be the site of the Guodian Changyuan Shashi power station (国电长源沙市热电厂), which was retired in 2009.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Hubei Province.
Background on Plant
Guodian Changyuan Jingzhou power station, formerly known as Guodian Changyuan Shashi thermal power plant, was a three-unit plant originally built in 1986 to 1998 with a total installed capacity of 140 MW. The units were decommissioned in 2009, after the two current coal-fired units of the power station, totaling 600 MW, were brought online.
An additional 2 x 350 MW units are planned to be added to the power station, units 3-4.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Guodian
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Shashi District, Jingzhou Prefecture, Hubei Province, China
- Coordinates: 30.2969959, 112.3091386 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1&2), Pre-permit development (Units 3&4)
- Gross capacity:
- Operating: 600 MW (Units 1&2: 300 MW)
- Planned: 700 MW (Units 3&4: 350 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 2009 (Units 1&2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电长源荆州热电有限公司", 荆州经济开发区就业网, 2013-01-29
- "国电长源荆州热电2号机组年内将全部投入商业运行", 荆州新闻网
- "国电长源电力股份有限公司企业概况", 中国国电集团, accessed November 2014
- "国电长源荆州热电有限公司二期扩建工程环境影响评价第一次信息公告," Jingzhou Prefecture Environmental Bureau, 2019/8/30
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017