Guodian Guangdong Zhaoqing Dawang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Guangdong Zhaoqing Dawang power station (国电广东肇庆热电公司), also known as Zhaoqing power station (肇庆大旺热电联产项目), is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired co-generation power plant in Guangdong Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, near Dawang, Sihui City, Zhaoqing Prefecture, Guangdong Province.
Background on Project
A proposed 600 MW power station by China Guodian was was completed in 2012 at 700 MW.   The plant was approved by the National Development and Reform Commission in 2014.  It is a co-generation power plant, supplying heat to Zhaoqing High Tech Industrial Park, besides electricity generation.
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian Guangdong Power Co
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: National New Technology Development District, Dawang, Sihui City, Zhaoqing Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China
- Coordinates: 23.3006449, 112.8563297 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1-2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- In service: 2012
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电肇庆大旺热电联产（2×30万千瓦级）工程1号机组发电机定子顺利吊装就位," China Guodian website, 2012/05/24
- "广东火电大旺热电联产项目进入攻坚冲刺阶段"中国火力发电网, 2012-07-23
- "广东肇庆大旺热电联产项目获得核准," China Guodian website, 2014/05/22
- "国电肇庆大旺2×300MW级“上大压小”热电联供项目环境影响报告书简本"MEPC, 2012-12
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017