Guodian Jiuquan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Jiuquan power station (国电酒泉发电厂) is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired CHP power plant in Gansu Province, China.
An additional 2,000 MW was proposed in 2010, but appears to be only "design capacity" that was never pursued or developed.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Suzhou District, Jiuquan Prefecture, Gansu Province.
Background on Plant
The two existing coal-fired units of Guodian Jiuquan power station, totaling 660 MW, were brought online in 2011. It is supplying heat to 13 million square meters of construction in Jiuquan city.The plant is owned by National Energy Investment Group. The project was approved for credit of 1.45 billion yuan. 
Description of Expansion
However, there is no news of this expansion, and it appears that it was never pursued or developed.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
In May 2020, State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission (SASAC) began a pilot project which is allowing each of the five Central SOEs, central government-owned power giants presenting only in one province or autonomous region in 5 northwest provinces and autonomous regions. It is an effort by SASAC to improve the financial performance of the coal power companies in these 5 provinces and Autonomous regions. According to SASAC's arrangement, China Huaneng presents in Gansu. China Huadian leads Xinjiang. China Datang is in Shaanxi except those power companies belonging to China Energy Group. SPIC is in Qinghai. China Energy Group leads Ningxia.  By the end of 2020, 10 coal power stations in Gansu have completed the transition. 
Lanzhou Fanping Power Station transferred its ownership to China Huaneng in February 2021.
- Sponsor: Huaneng Jiuquan Power Generation Co., Ltd. 华能酒泉发电有限公司
- Owner: Huaneng Gansu Engery Development Co., Ltd. 100%.
- Parent Company: China Huaneng
- Location: Suzhou District, Jiuquan Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.6797122, 98.5065079 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 660 MW (Units 1 & 2: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service: 2011
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电电力酒泉热电厂2×330MW工程开工建设"ACN Newswire, 2010-05-17
- “酒泉公司1号机组顺利完成“168”试运,” 中国国电 2011-10-28
- “酒泉公司：2号机组顺利完成“168”试运,” 中国国电2011-11-30
- “中行省分行向国电电力酒泉发电公司授信14.5亿元,” 凤凰网 2012-04-19
- "关于甘肃国电酒泉热电厂新建（2×300MW）工程竣工环境保护验收合格的函"MEPC, 2014-07-29
- "国电电力酒泉发电有限公司," China Guodian website, January 15, 2010
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017
- "西北五省"一省一企"煤电重组 是"电改"倒退吗？丨煤电生存发展系列报道_整合". www.sohu.com. 2020-08-07. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "央企整合再出大动作，西北五省区各自将只有一家煤电央企-国际能源网能源资讯中心". www.in-en.com. 2020-05-26. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "新划入员工5050名！10家煤电企业划转 9家已正式冠名华能【附新成员名单】--来源：《中国华能》 作者：马良骥". 2021-05-01. Retrieved 2021-05-04.
- "冠名华能！大唐、国家能源、国家电投13家电厂划入华能集团_甘肃". www.sohu.com. 2021-01-18. Retrieved 2021-05-04.
- "华能酒泉发电有限公司 - 企查查". www.qcc.com. Retrieved 2021-05-04.