Guodian Jiuquan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Jiuquan power station (国电酒泉热电厂) is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired CHP power plant in Gansu Province, China.
An additional 2,000 MW was proposed in 2010, but appears to be only "design capacity" that was never pursued or developed.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Suzhou District, Jiuquan Prefecture, Gansu Province.
Background on Plant
The two existing coal-fired units of Guodian Jiuquan power station, totaling 660 MW, were brought online in 2011. It is supplying heat to 13 million square meters of construction in Jiuquan city.The plant is owned by National Energy Investment Group. The project was approved for credit of 1.45 billion yuan. 
Description of Expansion
However, there is no news of this expansion, and it appears that it was never pursued or developed.
- Sponsor: GD Power Development
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Suzhou District, Jiuquan Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.6797122, 98.5065079 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 660 MW (Units 1 & 2: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service: 2011
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电电力酒泉热电厂2×330MW工程开工建设"ACN Newswire, 2010-05-17
- “酒泉公司1号机组顺利完成“168”试运,” 中国国电 2011-10-28
- “酒泉公司：2号机组顺利完成“168”试运,” 中国国电2011-11-30
- “中行省分行向国电电力酒泉发电公司授信14.5亿元,” 凤凰网 2012-04-19
- "关于甘肃国电酒泉热电厂新建（2×300MW）工程竣工环境保护验收合格的函"MEPC, 2014-07-29
- "国电电力酒泉发电有限公司," China Guodian website, January 15, 2010
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012