Guodian Suqian Power Plant
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Suqian Power Plant (国电宿迁发电厂二期) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Jiangsu Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Suqian Prefecture, Jiangsu Province.
Background on Plant
Guodian Suqian Power Plant is a 2 x 135 MW coal-fired power plant in Yangbei, Sucheng. It is owned by Guodian Suqian Thermal Power Co. of China's National Energy Investment Group. The units were commissioned in 2005. However, the units were never permitted for construction, and were shut down in 2019.
Guodian Suqian Thermal Power Co. has proposed a stage II at the power plant of 2 x 660 MW.
The units were permitted in October 2015.
Planet satellite photos from July 2017 to April 2018 show significant construction progress.
Unit 3 was commissioned on December 31, 2018.
Unit 4 was commissioned on June 4, 2019.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details of stage II
- Sponsor: Guodian Suqian Thermal Power Co., Ltd.
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Yangbei, Sucheng, Suqian Prefecture, Jiangsu Province, China
- Coordinates: 33.8399837, 118.3686601 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 3 & 4: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Start year: 2018 (Unit 3), 2019 (Unit 4)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "电企资产证券化持续推进," China Energy News, 2016-12-12
- Suqian Powerplant, Enipedia, accessed Dec. 2015.
- "权威政策解读，宿迁市政府办公室通知_我苏网," Our Jiangsu, 2019-6-8
- Zhu Jin Fang, "国电宿迁公司二期项目获国家能源局“路条”," Polaris power grid news, 2014-12-24
- "宿迁公司2×660兆瓦新建燃煤发电项目获核准--系统动态--中国国电集," cgdc.com.cn, Oct 23, 2015
- "国家能源集团宿迁发电有限公司3号机组168小时试运行成功," kknews, 2019-01-01
- "华东院设计的国家能源集团宿迁电厂66万千瓦二次再热4号机组顺利投产," 发电工程分公司, 2019-06-06
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017