Guoneng Chagannao'er power station

From Global Energy Monitor

Guoneng Chagannao'er power station (京能锡林郭勒煤电公司查干淖尔发电厂) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant under development in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.

Location

The undated satellite photo below shows the project in Abag Banner.

Loading map...

Background on Project

Shenhua Group (now National Energy Investment Group) and Hebei Construction & Investment Group are constructing a 2 x 660 MW ultra-supercritical power station at Chagannao'er in Abag Banner. It is planned for completion in 2017.[1]

In January 2017, China's NEA sent letters to 13 provinces to enforce the suspension of over 100 specific coal plants under planning or construction, totaling nearly 100 GW of capacity, to help meet the coal capacity limit set out in China's 13th Five-Year Plan. In the letters, it said the projects included should be postponed to the 14th Five Year period (2021-2025).[2] (For details, see China's Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.)

In August 2018 it was reported that the project was under active construction. It is planned for operation in 2020.[3]

In 2019 the 51% ownership of the project changed from the National Energy Investment Group to Beijing Energy Group, with Hebei Construction & Investment Group remaining as 49% owner. Construction is ongoing.[4]

Project Details

  • Sponsor: Beijing Energy Group (51%), Hebei Construction & Investment Group (49%)
  • Location: Chagannao'er, Abag Banner, Xilin Gol League, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
  • Coordinates: 43.555797, 115.169296 (exact)
  • Status: Construction
  • Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1&2: 660 MW)
  • Type: Ultra-supercritical
  • Projected in service: 2020
  • Coal type:
  • Coal source:
  • Source of financing:

Articles and resources

References

Related GEM.wiki articles

External resources