Hawiyah Cogeneration power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Hawiyah Cogeneration power station is an operating 160-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Makkah Region, Saudi Arabia.
The satellite photo below shows the exact location of the proposed power station in Al-Hawiyah, Makkah Region, Saudi Arabia.
In 2013, Saudi Aramco signed agreements with a Japanese-Saudi consortium to build and operate cogeneration power plants at Abqaiq, Hawiyah and Ras Tanura for Aramco's industrial activities in those places.
- Sponsor: Power Cogeneration Plant Company (PCPC)
- Parent company: Aramco Cogeneration JV
- Location: Al-Hawiyah, Makkah Region, Saudi Arabia
- Coordinates: 24.803778, 49.352636 (exact)
- Gross capacity (operating): 160 MW
Articles and Resources