Hirwaun Power Station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Hirwaun Power Station is a proposed 299-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Rhondda Cynon Taf County (Wales), United Kingdom.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Hirwaun, Rhondda Cynon Taf County (Wales), United Kingdom.
- Sponsor: Hirwaun Power Limited (HPL)
- Parent company: Drax Group plc
- Location: Hirwaun, Rhondda Cynon Taf County (Wales), United Kingdom
- Coordinates 51.7377, -3.5109 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 299 MW
- Gas turbine unit: 299 MW (to start 2020)
Articles and Resources
- Hirwaun Power Station, National Infrastructure Planning website, last updated September 4, 2019.
- Delivering energy for the future, Hirwuan Power website, accessed November 2019.
- HIRWAUN POWER PROJECT Stage 1 Construction Traffic Management Plan, Hirwuan Power website, July 2018.