Hongyanchi-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Hongyanchi-2 power station (华电新疆红雁池发电公司) is a 800-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
The photo below shows the plant in Tianshan District, Ürümqi (Wulumuqi) Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
Background on Plant
According to a 2012 study by WRI, Huadian is currently planning to build two additional coal-fired units at this plant, with a total planned capacity of 660 MW. However, there has been no further news of such an expansion since 2007, and it appears to have been abandoned.
Project Details for Units 5 & 6 Expansion
- Sponsor: China Huadian
- Location: Hongyanchi Reservoir, Tianshan District, Ürümqi (Wulumuqi) Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 43.7432432, 87.6574981 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 660 MW (Units 5 & 6: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "华电红雁池完成二期工程可行性研究报告审查会", 华电新疆发电有限公司, 2007-07-09
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012