Huadian Harbin-3 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huadian Harbin-3 power station (华电哈尔滨第三发电厂) is a 1,640-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Heilongjiang Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Hulan District, Harbin Province, Heilongjiang Province.
Background on Plant
Huadian Harbin-3 power station is a four-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 1,640 MW. The plant was completed between 1986 and 1999, and is owned by Huadian. The four units of the power plant upgraded to co-generation, and began to supply heat in winter to the residential households since 2014. In 2019, when unit 1 and 2 reached the age of retirement, they were granted 10-year life extension till 2029.
- Sponsor: China Huadian Group Corp
- Parent company: Huadian
- Location: Hulan District, Harbin Province, Heilongjiang Province, China
- Coordinates: 45.9663462, 126.6637194 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,640 MW (Units 1 & 2: 220 MW; Units 3 & 4: 600 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1986-87 (Units 1 & 2); 1996-99 (Units 3 & 4)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: