Huaneng Yakeshi Huiliuhe power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaneng Yakeshi Huiliuhe power station (华能呼伦贝尔能源开发安泰热电公司汇流河发电厂) is a 100-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China. A 400 MW expansion is under construction.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Yakeshi City.
Background on Plant
The two existing coal-fired units of Huaneng Yakeshi Huiliuhe power station, totaling 100 MW, were brought online in 1993. The plant's first two units have been retired. The plant is owned by China Huaneng.
Description of Expansion
Huaneng is seeking environmental clearance to expand the power station by two units, units 5 and 6, of 200 MW each.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces, including Huaneng Yakeshi Huiliuhe. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Huaneng Hulunbeier Energy Development
- Parent company: Huaneng
- Location: Yakeshi City, Hulunbuir Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 49.283636, 120.835657 (exact)
- Status: Retired (Units 1 & 2), Operating (Units 3 & 4), Construction (Units 5 & 6)
- Gross capacity: 500 MW (Units 3, 4, & 6: 50 MW, Unit 5: 350 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 1993
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "环境保护部关于2013年3月拟对建设项目环境影响评价文件作出审批意见的公示", 中华人民共和国环境保护部, 2013-03-05
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "华能汇流河发电厂2×200兆瓦供热机组扩建工程正式奠基," 2014-11-17
- "汇流河发电厂2x200MW供热机组扩建工程社会稳定风险评估公示," yks.gov.cn, accessed July 2015
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "三项电力行业项目信息," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2018/9/13
- "汇流河（350+50）兆瓦热电联产项目已获批复,"呼伦贝尔市政府, 2020/4/28
- "汇流河发电厂热电联产项目（350MW+50MW）开工," 牙克石融媒, 2020/8/11