Huaneng Duanzhai power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaneng Duanzhai power station (华能段寨煤电公司) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shaanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the location where the plant would be built in Duanzhai Village, Huangpu Town, Fugu County, Yulin Prefecture, Shaanxi Province.
Background on Project
Huaneng Duanzhai power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 2,000 MW in Shaanxi Province. It has been proposed since at least 2009. However, the sponsor has found it difficult to secure permitting.
Although there have been no developments on the proposal, it appeared on a list of 2019 major construction projects for Shaanxi province.
- Sponsor: China Huaneng (51%), Shaanxi Fugu Energy Development Company (29%), Shaanxi Coal and Chemical Industry Group (20%)
- Location: Huangfuchuan Town, Duanzhai Village, Fugu County, Yulin Prefecture, Shaanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.29704, 111.2301 (exact)
- Status: Announced
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: