Huaneng Helin power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaneng Helin power station (华能北方联合电力和林发电厂上大压小新建项目) is a 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant in Xindianzi Town, Horinger County.
Background on Project
Two 600 MW units of the plant were approved for construction in April 2014. The two units entered construction in July 2014. Long term plans eventually call for an additional 4,000 MW, but remain tentative.
In May 2017 it was reported that construction was ongoing at the plant, with the two units planned for operation in 2018.
July 2017: Plant halted by government
In July 2017 China's NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
Huaneng Helin power station Units 1-2 are among the halted coal-burning units that are suspended indefinitely, and also appeared on an updated list of halted projects released in September 2017.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2018: Construction continues
In June 2018 it was reported that Unit 1 had been authorized by China's NRDC to connect to the grid in 2018, and unit 2 in 2019.
2019: Plant commissioned
Unit 1 was commissioned in August 2019.
Unit 2 was commissioned in September 2019.
- Sponsor: North United Power Co Ltd
- Parent company: China Huaneng
- Location: Xindianzi Town, Helinge'er (Horinger) County, Hohhot Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 40.27631, 112.162201 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 1&2: 600 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start year: 2019
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "内蒙华电和林电厂项目获发改委核准", 中国证券网, 2014-04-03
- "中国能建承建内蒙古和林电厂2号机组工程开工," 能源网-中国能源报, 2014年07月14日
- Comparative photos of 40.27631, 112.162201 in April and October, 2016, Planet, May 2018
- "北方联合电力有限责任公司和林发电厂2×660MW机组新建工程特殊试验招标公告," 山西内蒙能源项目群, 2017-05-04
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "和林发电厂项目移出2017年分省煤电停建、缓建项目名单," 证券时报, 2018/6/4
- "2×660MW！内蒙古和林电厂1号机组通过168小时试运," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2019/8/26
- "新和林 新作为," 安徽电建一公司, 2019-09-16