Hwa Ya Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Taiwan and coal|
Hwa Ya Cogen power station (台塑華亞汽電廠) is an approximately 300-megawatt (MW) cogeneration coal-fired power station in Guishan District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Guishan District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan.
In 2011, the company had to pay over 609 million RMB in fines for air pollution. An investigation was underway to determine if fraud in reporting emission levels occurred.
The Hwa Ya group also invested another 1.5 billion RMB to build another steam plant near this one.
- Sponsor: Hwa Ya Power
- Parent company: Formosa Plastics Group
- Location: Guishan District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan
- Coordinates: 25.035413, 121.372605 (exact)
- Coal type: Unknown
- Coal source:
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 300 MW
- Unit 1: Coal-fired subcritical, 148 MW (start-up in 2004)
- Unit 2: Coal-fired subcritical, 152 MW (start-up in 2004)
Articles and Resources
- "Reference List of Power Plant," Formosa Heavy Industries Corp., March 2021
- "Introduction," Formosa Plastics Group, 2018
- "桃園境內電廠及未來可能設置新廠產生環境影響要求與評估專案報告," Department of Economic Development, Taoyuan, June 29, 2017
- "華亞汽電股份有限公司華亞汽電廠," Green Factory Label Information Network, November 15, 2019
- "華亞汽電廠 桃縣追繳6.6億空污費". 透明足跡 (in 中文). 2017-11-10. Retrieved 2021-07-03.
- "台塑集團旗下華亞汽電投資15億元設汽電廠 | Anue鉅亨 - 台股新聞". Anue鉅亨 (in 中文). 2013-03-18. Retrieved 2021-07-03.