Hwasun coal mine
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Hwasun Coal Mine (화순광업소) is an operating underground coal mine in South Jeolla Province, South Korea.
The map below shows the location of the mine, in Dong-myeon, Hwasun County (Hwasun-gun), South Jeolla Province (Jeollanam-do), South Korea.
- Owner: Korea Coal Corporation
- Parent Company: Government of South Korea
- Location: Dong-myeon, Hwasun County (Hwasun-gun), South Jeolla Province (Jeollanam-do), South Korea
- GPS Coordinates: 35.032806, 127.0674078 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 0.13 MT (2018)
- Total Reserves: 38 MT
- Recoverable Reserves: 19 MT
- Coal type: Anthracite
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1934
- Workforce: 186
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- 화순광업소, Korea Coal Corporation website, accessed Apr. 2021.