Nueva Era Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Nueva Era Pipeline, also called the Impulsora Pipeline, is an international natural gas pipeline running from Texas, USA to Nuevo León, Mexico.
The pipeline runs from from Webb County, Texas, USA to Escobedo, Nuevo León, Mexico.
- Operator: Nueva Era
- Owner: Howard Energy, Grupo Clisa
- Capacity: 600 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 302 kilometers / 188 miles
- Diameter: 30 inches
- Status: Operating
- Cost: US$500 million
- Start Year: 2018
- Financing: US$353 million debt financing provided by MUFG, Santander, Caixa Bank, Société Générale and Sumitomo Mitsui
Nueva Era is a joint venture between Howard Energy Partners (HEP) and Grupo Clisa. The pipeline originates at the HEP Webb County Hub and transports gas to an international border crossing between the United States in Webb County, Texas, and Mexico in the vicinity of Colombia, State of Nuevo Leon. Impulsora, a subsidiary that operates the pipeline, received its Presidential Permit on May 14, 2015, to construct, operate and maintain border-crossing facilities.
The 30-inch pipeline runs for 27 km on the Texas side of the border before crossing into Mexico and continuing another 275 km south to Escobedo, Nuveo León. The pipeline was commissioned in June 2018.
According to the U.S.'s Energy Information Administration (EIA), the pipeline's anchor shipper is CFE (506 MMcf/d), and the design capacity is not expected to be reached.
In November 2016, the project received US$353 million in debt financing from MUFG, Santander, Caixa Bank, Société Générale and Sumitomo Mitsui
Articles and resources
- Nueva Era, RBN Energy, accessed October 2018
- "Sistema Nueva Era - Gasoducto Midstream de México". Howard Energy. Retrieved 2021-04-15.
- "El gasoducto Nueva Era va al 80 por ciento de su construcción". El Financiero. January 16, 2018.
- "Gasoducto Nueva Era pipeline spread 2". Proyectos del Golfo. Retrieved 2021-04-15.
- "Impulsora Pipeline inicia inyección de gas a Nueva Era". El Financiero. June 13, 2018.
- Asset Data, IJGlobal, accessed Aug. 27, 2020
- "Nueva Era Gas Pipeline", IJGlobal, accessed Jul. 30, 2020
- "Nueva Era pipeline system begins commercial service, boosting US-to-Mexico gas supplies". S&P Global Platts. July 2, 2018.
- Natural Gas Data, Pipeline Projects Energy Information Agency, accessed July 21, 2020
- "Nueva Era Gas Pipeline Additional Facility", IJGlobal, accessed Aug. 18, 2020.
- "Nueva Era Gas Pipeline (318.6KM) Refinancing 2018", IJGlobal, accessed Aug. 18, 2020.