Jiangsu Guohua Chenjiagang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Jiangsu Guohua Chenjiagang power station (神华国华陈家港发电有限公司) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Jiangsu Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, near Chenjiagang Town (Chenjiagangzhen), Xiangshui County, Yancheng Prefecture, Jiangsu Province.
Background on Project
Two more units, each 1000 MW, have been announced.
However, with no developments since January 2015, the project appears to be cancelled.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Guohua Elec Power Corp & Jiangsu Guoxin Investment Group
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Chenjiagang Town, Xiangshui County, Yancheng Prefecture, Jiangsu Province, China
- Coordinates: 34.4243, 119.79763 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1 & 2); Cancelled (Units 3 & 4)
- Gross capacity: 3,320 MW (Units 1-2: 660 MW; Units 3-4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service: 2011 (Units 1 & 2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "江苏国华陈家港发电有限公司隆重揭牌",盐城经贸信息网, 2007-12-21
- "江苏国华陈家港发电厂获准建设", 人民网江苏视窗, 2012-08-24
- "国华陈家港发电厂1号机组并入国家华东电网", 盐城市人民政府办公室, 2012-02-06
- "江苏国华陈家港发电厂", "江苏响水沿海经济开发区"], 江苏响水沿海经济开发区, 2013-07-05
- "神华国华陈家港电厂二期工程初步可行性研究报告评审会召开," Xiangshui.gov, 2015-01-06
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017