Jiangtou Tongtai Junggar power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Jiangtou Tongtai Junggar power station (河北建投通泰准格尔煤炭清洁高效综合利用示范项目自备电厂) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of Junggar Banner, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Project
Hebei Construction & Investment Group is seeking approval for a 2 x 350 MW supercritical coal plant in Dalu Town, Junggar Banner. The project received the Environmental Protection Bureau approval in July 2015, but has not yet received the DRC permit.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
With no developments since 2015, the project appears to be cancelled.
- Sponsor: Jiantou Tongtai Co
- Parent company: Hebei Construction & Investment Group
- Location: Dalu Town, Junggar Banner, Ordos Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 39.866667, 111.233333 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1&2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "内蒙古准格尔旗煤炭清洁高效综合利用示范项目动力岛 2×350兆瓦热电机组自备电厂项目环境影响评价公众参与第一次网上公示," Dalu Industrial Park, accessed Sep 2015
- "建投通泰投资有限公司," 河北建设投资集团有限责任公司, 2013-12-06
- "内蒙古自治区环境保护厅关于内蒙古准格尔旗煤炭清洁高效综合利用示范项目动力岛—2×350兆瓦热电机组自备电厂项目建设项目环境影响评价文件受理情况的公示," 环境保护厅, 2015-05-26