Jieyang LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Jieyang LNG Terminal, also referred to Yuedong LNG Terminal, （中海油粤东揭阳LNG接收站）is an LNG terminal in Huilai County, Jieyang, Guangdong, China.
- Sponsor: PipeChina Yuedong LNG Co., Ltd. 国家管网集团粤东液化天然气有限责任公司
- Owner: PipeChina
- Parent: PipeChina
- Location: Shugou Village, Qianzhan Town, Huilai County, Jieyang Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China
- Coordinates: 22.934479,116.371427 (exact)
- Capacity: 2 mtpa, 0.29 bcfd
- Additional Proposed Capacity:
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2017
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Jieyang LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal in Guangdong, China.
The Jieyang LNG Terminal project was approved in 2013 and was completed in 2015. However, a lack in demand postponed commissioning of the project. The terminal has three tanks and a receiving capacity of 2 mtpa.
In February 9, 2019, the National Petroleum and Natural Gas Pipeline Group Co., Ltd. (PipeChina) was established with a major focus on the investment and construction of the long-distance oil and gas pipeline network and storage & peaking facilities, offering fair and open oil and gas pipeline transmission services. 10 existing and under-construction LNG terminals were reportedly transferred or are going to transfer their ownerships to PipeChina. Jieyang LNG terminal is one of them.
Articles and resources
- Jieyang LNG Terminal, A Barrel Full, accessed April 2017
- CNOOC to commission LNG terminal in S. China's Jieyang in Nov., Evie Feng, Shanxi Fenwei Energy Information Services Co., Ltd., February 9, 2017
- Chinese LNG demand falls for the first time on record, Stephen Letts, Australia Broadcasting Corporation, February 4, 2016
- Yuedong (Jieyang) LNG Terminal China, GEO, accessed June, 2017
- Qatargas delivers commissioning cargo to Yuedong LNG terminal LNG World News, May 3, 2017
- "中海油粤东LNG接收站5月26日正式投产"新华网 2017-5-27
- "集团简介--国家管网公司". www.pipechina.com.cn. Retrieved 2021-04-16.
- ""三桶油"的这十座LNG接收站，或划入国家管网公司". finance.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 2021-04-16.