Shenhua Jinjiang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shenhua Jinjiang power station (神华福能晋江热电厂) is a 100-megawatt (MW) coal-fired co-generation power plant in Fujian Province, China.
An additional 700 MW is proposed.
The map below shows the location of the plant in Dongshi Town, Jinjiang City, Quanzhou Prefecture, Fujian Province.
Background on Project
The EIA for the units was approved in May 2016, although as of June 2020 has yet to receive the NRDC permit.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions and Exemptions
Restrictions on coal plant development were announced in 2016-2017 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission. However, the restrictions exempted combined heat and power plants like Shenhua Jinjiang power station. Further, the plant was included in the 2016 provincial plan, which the province also exempted from restrictions on new coal plants. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Project Details of expansion
- Sponsor: Shenhua Fujian Energy Co.
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Dong'an Town, Jinjiang, Quanzhou Prefecture, Fujian Province, China
- Coordinates: 24.6853299, 118.4525032 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 3&4: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "神华晋江热电厂2×350MW超临界燃煤供热发电机组工程环境影响评价信息第一次公示," 晋江市环境保护局, 2015-10-15
- "福建省发改委: 2015年度福建省火电规划建设方案," 福建省发改委, 2015-08-12
- Project Info, Shenhua Fujian Energy Co. website, accessed Nov 2015
- "神华晋江热电联产项目配套热网工程计划10日开工," 晋江新闻网, 2016-09-08
- "福建省环境保护厅关于批复神华晋江热电厂（2×350MW）超临界燃煤机组扩建工程环境影响报告书的函," Fujian Province DEP, 2016-05-23