Jubail Phase 3 power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Jubail Phase 3 power station is a proposed 3,000-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Ash Sharqiyah Region, Saudi Arabia.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Al-Jubail, Ash Sharqiyah Region, Saudi Arabia.
Announced in 2018, the power plant project includes water desalination facilities.
In August 2019, Saudi Water Partnership Company announced ten qualified bidders for the project, which had been revised from "an integrated water desalination and power plant of 1,170,000 m3/day of potable water capacity and 3,000 MW of power" to "two IWPs of 600,000 m3/day potable water capacity for Jubail-3A and 570,000 m3/day potable water capacity for Jubail-3B" that will also "produce 3,000 MW of electricity with their related facilities".
- Sponsor: Water & Electricity Sm LLC
- Parent company: Swcc/Sec
- Location: 18 km south of the Jubail Industrial City at the Arabian Gulf Coast, Al-Jubail, Ash Sharqiyah Region, Saudi Arabia
- Coordinates: 26.9598, 49.5687 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 3,000 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 3,000 MW (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources