Karaikal LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Karaikal LNG Terminal is a proposed LNG terminal in Karaikal, Puducherry, India.
The terminal will be located in Karaikal, Puducherry, India.
- Owner: Atlantic Gulf and Pacific Company (AG&P)
- Location: Karaikal, Puducherry, India
- Coordinates: 10.911092 79.8438253 (approximate)
- Capacity: 1.0 mtpa, 0.14 bcfd
- Status: Construction
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2021
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
In February 2020 AG&P announced that it would build the terminal on a 12-acre site within the port of Karaikal, and expected it to begin operating in Q4 2021.
Articles and resources
- NS Energy Staff Writer, AG&P begins construction on Karaikal LNG import facility in South India, NS Energy Buisness, Feb. 21, 2020
- NS Energy Staff Writer, Karaikal LNG terminal to start operations by Q4 2021, India Times, Feb. 21, 2020