Karakansky Globoky coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Karakansky Globoky is a proposed coal mine planned for the Belovo district in the Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
The Karakansky coal mine is the third stage of Karakan Invest's energy project, lying near the village of Evtino, Kemerovo Oblast (district) Russia. The Karakansky-Zapadny coal mine and the Karakansky coal mine in the complex are operating.
The Karakansky Globoky coal mine would sit adjacent to the existing coal mines in the complex, very close to the village of Evtino, 35km from Belovo.
Coal Mine Background
Karakan Invest is a group of companies made up of coal producer Belovskaya Mine, logistics company Belcommerce, engineering company Promishlennik and the trading company Karakan Energo Trade. Around 2/3 of the coal Karakan Invest extracts is sold on the domestic market with the rest being exported.
Karakan Invest is creating the Karakansky coal energy cluster merging the extraction, processing and generating capacities of the Karakansky coal deposits including underground coal gasification on the site and production of coal to liquid fuel.
- Parent Company: Karakan Invest
- Location: Close to the village of Evtino, Kemerovo Oblast (district) Russia.
- GPS Coordinates: 54.360833, 86.742500 (point in coal mining complex)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 7 mtpa in the complex (three mines)
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 143 million tonnes
- Coal type: Thermal coal
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Surface and underground
- Start Year: Earliest 2019
- Source of Financing: